Monday, October 19, 2009

The Perfect 1st Anniversary!

I love my husband so much and spending the whole day with him yesterday was the perfect way to celebrate our first year of marriage together. We started with a late brunch with custom-made omellettes, warm biscuits and mimosas (in our wedding flutes). The centerpiece was a lovely bouquet of roses and lilies that Ryan surprised me with at the office on Friday. So fun to get flowers at work!

Most of the day was spent lazing around. We took Jax on a nice, long walk to enjoy the chilly temps (low 60s!) and give her some much needed exercise. After a catnap on the couch with football playing in the background, I woke to find a surprise waiting for me in the bedroom...

What girl doesn't love a David Yurman bag sitting on her pillow?! Ryan spoiled me and got me a gorgeous ring that I had wanted for a while.
After much debate and research, we finally settled on a dinner location. We got dressed up and headed to The Oceanaire Seafood Room, a new restaurant to each of us.
After a delicious meal (one of Ryan's top 5 ever, he claims) of fabulous crab cake, shrimp and grits, Wahoo, stuffed Flounder, fried green tomatoes and hash browns (not exactly the healthiest, but delicious anyway!), our waiter surprised us with a Baked Alaska for dessert! Neither of us knew what it was but definitely liked the fiery combination of brownie, ice cream and marshmallow-tasting meringue. I had to hold back, though, because I knew waiting for us at home was another dessert...

A beautiful anniversary cake that my mom ordered for us from Sprinkles, one of the best bakeries in town. It was modeled after our original cake, with our wedding logo on top and paisleys on the sides. I have to admit - it was even prettier than the one we had for the wedding!
After a very filling day (I am still stuffed!), I am happy to say that we made it through the first year and I cannot wait for what our futures hold in the years to come!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Tell that husband of yours that he did good!! That ring is beautiful! Sounds like you guys had an amazing night and have even more to look forward to in the coming years! I love you both very much and am so happy you found each other. xoxooxxo

the monkeys' mama said...

oh my what a ring! and seeing your monogram on the new cake brought back a flood of memories like it was just yesterday. Congratulations! love you guys!

Stefanie said...

Wow! I am VERY impressed!!!

Sjn said...

I love the ring! A beautiful gift!
Hope the cake was delicious! (I'm sure it was better than year old cake in any case).
So glad you had a nice day and dinner to celebrate!

See you soon for P&G's wedding celebration! xoxox

The Nealons said...

What an amazing day! Did you eat any of your old cake??? yum. :)