Monday, May 3, 2010

We went to Vero and all I got were these funky tan lines

After what was maybe one of the more stressful weeks I've had at work, we hit the road on Friday evening and drove down to Vero Beach to visit with Ryan's aunt and uncle.
The girls hit the beach club on Saturday and lazed around the pool for hours while the boys headed out to sea to catch us some dinner. Both groups were sucessful and I felt much more relaxed after getting some much needed Vitamin D while the guys brought home tons of mahi and sea bass that they grilled up for dinner. The sun knocked us all out and it was early to bed Saturday night. It's tough laying out all day, you know?
The girls lazed around the house on Sunday morning (we were serious about relaxing!) while the boys played golf and then we were off again on our way home.
What a quick weekend, but oh so enjoyable. And while I didn't get any photos of the mini-vaca, I did end up with a burned belly button (of all places) and a ring on my chest from my bikini top to remember it by. Oops!

2 comments:

Sjn said...

Glad you got to relax! Looking forward to your visit this week, a middle of the week treat for us!

Sjn said...

where's the blue background? I do think this is easier to read though, so you may want to keep it.