Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Taking a "Breaker"

Ryan and I needed some r&r so we planned a quick weekend getaway to The Breakers in Palm Beach. We headed down Friday afternoon and arrived in the most well-manicured city I have ever seen. The buildings all looked brand new, the landscaping was so neat and tidy and the cars were...impressive, to say the least. What a fancy place!
The Breakers sits in the middle of this luxurious island, surrounded by ivy-clad walls and rows of the tallest palm trees. The hotel is a national historic landmark, having been built in the early 1900s, and simply gorgeous. It's burned down twice (!) and was most recently rebuilt in 1926-ish. I felt like such a princess to be able to stay in such a storied place and so blessed that we can get away with each other on a whim. Life, and more importantly God, is so good!
Aside from simply being in awe of the opulence and weath that surrounded us (seriously, some of the people there must be rolling in it!), we spent the weekend dining at the fabulous resort restaurants...
Taking in the sites at the hotel...Relaxing at the beach...Playing tennis...
And just hanging out.Ryan may claim his favorite part was this...
A TV in the mirror of the bathroom! (I told you this place was fancy!)

But my favorite was just being able to get away with my husband and best friend, who can take my mind off all of life's stresses and make me laugh.
We had a great time and I only hope we can go back one day for a longer vacation!

4 comments:

Sjn said...

A beautiful place, I'd love to go there too!
So glad you had good weather and a good time. xoxo

Kelly said...

Just lovely!!! Hope you got some much needed R&R and had a chance to clear your mind!! LOVE you xoxo

Stefanie said...

How romantic! Looks like an amazing place to spend some time away.

The Nealons said...

Your "breaker" from the blog has been long enough... :) Miss you & your posts!