Sunday, April 8, 2012

Eleven Months

Nathan, you are eleven months old today!

I thought through the past ten months you had changed so much but never before have you grown and developed as much as you did this month. You seem so much older! Only one more month before you're a whole year. That just blows my mind!

The biggest change you've made is becoming mobile! In a matter of a week or two, you went from sitting completely still to crawling backwards to motoring forward and pulling up like it was nothing. All this from the boy who HATED to be on his tummy! You love to move around and I find I can't turn my head for a second before you're in a different spot all together. All this mobility has led to a few bumps and bruises as you test your limits. You can be a bit dramatic when you get a boo-boo but for the most part you shake it off fairly easily. You yearn to walk and take every opportunity to reach for my hands to pull you up and guide you around. The expression on your face says it all while you're doing it - you're so proud of yourself!


Your new favorite activity is crawling to the bookshelf and pulling all the books off the lower shelf. You still love your activity table and Noah's Ark Little People set, too. Everything goes in the mouth and you always find something to suck on while you crawl around. It's pretty funny looking! We play outside more and you love bubbles, cruising in the Cozy Coupe and swinging.


You upgraded to a big boy carseat this month and like the extra space. We also had to lower the crib to its lowest setting because as soon as you realized you could pull yourself up, you were standing any chance you got. I worry you don't get a good night's sleep for all that you move around - you always end up in the craziest positions. You've always been such a light sleeper, too. Anything wakes you! Daylight Savings also really messed with your sleep schedule and you had a really hard time adjusting. We're back to almost 12 hours at night, although your wake up has gotten earlier and earlier with the sunrise.


You are a vacuum and LOVE to eat! Most foods pass the test but you're favorites are still cheese and pasta. I'm so curious to see what your weight percentile is at your first year appointment because you have definitely filled out from that teeny tiny bub you once were. You still take four bottles a day, between 4 and 5 ounces each, along with three (very) full meals. You learned how to drink from a straw recently and we've switched sippy cups with this new skill.


I swear you've said your first words - "book" and "up". Of course, you say "mama" and "dada" all the time, too, but not necessarily for us. You babble a lot and it seems like you have conversations with yourself. It's really cute. We've been practicing the sign for "more" when you eat and you sometimes do it. You sometimes say what sounds like "mo", too.


You've shown your toddler-ness already and can throw a mean temper tantrum when you don't get your way. I'm sure it's very frustrating for you when you want to go somewhere and I don't immediately comply to your request but my goodness we need to figure out some patience! I have a feeling we'll have some head butting in the years to come because you definitely have my stubbornness. I am sure your strong will is going to be a great asset when you're older but it can be really exhausting for your Mama right now!


It amazes me how much you've done this month and all that you've accomplished. Oh, to be in your head and know what you're thinking as you process all these changes and continue to soak up this world! I don't even know what to expect in the coming month as you approach the big O-N-E but I'm excited to explore it with you!

I love you, monkey man!
oxxox

Eleven Month Stats:

Weight - TBD

Diapers - size 4

Clothes - 12m to 24m (18m jammies), size 4 shoes (if I can ever get you to keep them on!)

No comments: