Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Feeding the Ducks

Dana and I ventured to the "castle park" not too long ago and let the kids admire the ducks, much to our mutual anxiety. I was kind of relieved to find I am not the only one totally freaked out by birds in general - they are so dirty and aggressive! But we sucked it up because the little ones were in heaven and we decided to try again, next time armed with bread.

Nathan and Caroline marched right to the water's edge and greeted a small group of ducks with quiet wonder. As we stood there and started throwing out small pieces of bread, more and more ducks and birds joined the group and we were soon surrounded!

The kiddos got a kick out of it and I loved watching their reactions. I even gave N a few pieces of bread to share but the sneaky buddy decided he would rather snack on it himself. It made me laugh.

Once we ran out of food and our comfort level with the close proximity of the ducks ran out, we headed back over to the playground to hang out. Literally. It was a fun day and I'm so glad we have such great parks around us to experience new things like this!

No comments: