Saturday, February 6, 2010

Tennis Update

The latest in my tennis world...0-4 but still loving it! Yes, unfortunately, I have yet to win a match in the two leagues I'm in (that's right, I joined a second one!) but I had a moment of pure giddiness the other night leaving a match because I am just so happy to be playing again!
I have never been one for running or individual exercise, and my regiment has dramatically declined ever since our wedding. But playing in a competitive sport, as individual as it is, is right up my alley...pardon the pun.
So, I'll take these two leagues as a learning season to help me get back into the groove - and hopefully will pull out a win before they're both done this spring. Either way, I'm loving the great workouts and being able to bond with my husband in mixed doubles and girlfriend in ladies doubles.
Now, to start building my tennis wardrobe...maybe some new clothes will help me play better? A girl can dream!

2 comments:

Sjn said...

I remember you playing girls doubles w/ Anu Malapatel and being quite the awesome twosome. Your team made it to the State finals 5 years in a row. Remember Macon and Rome? It's in you!
Have fun growing your game, it will all come back!

Kelly said...

If it makes you feel any better, I have yet to win a USTA match in the last two seasons...but hey- winter and summer tennis are just for fun and exercise! Glad you're loving it! Can't wait to play with you again soon!