Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wine Party

Last Saturday (yes, I know, this is a bit late) our friends hosted their 2nd annual Wine Tasting Party at their new apartment. I was very excited to participate this time around because I missed the party last year due to a major flu bug.
They did a great job setting up an Australian theme, complete with Aussie varietals and "Awesome Blossoms!" We had 3 whites and 3 reds to try and then had to guess which was which. I was 3 for 3 on the whites but missed all 3 reds...guess it shows what I drink more often!
We were also asked to bring our favorite bottle for the group to try, so we had another 7 different wines (whoa!) to test and judge as best overall. I am happy to report that our selection, a Sterling Sauvignon Blanc, won!
They also had trivia along with our tasting sheets, and whoever got the most right won. It ended up being a tie between Ryan and our friend Rachel, so they had a taste-off (a few rounds, in fact) to determine the winner.
Unfortunately, I left a trivia question completely blank (the wine must have affected my test-taking abilities - ya think?!) and had I actually answered what my guess was, I would have won! Oh, well. Rachel ended up naming all of her final tastes correctly, so she beat Ryan out for the awesome gift card to Total Wine.
It was a great night and so much fun to taste all sorts of different wines. Thanks to Mike and Lindsay for putting it on. Can't wait to see what the theme is next year!

1 comment:

Sjn said...

So many possibilities... how about Italian wines?