Thursday, June 16, 2011

Family Visit in Orlando

It just so happened that my dad had a business trip to Orlando in mid-June, so the whole family decided to tag along and come visit. It was perfect timing because Nathan finally got to meet his Aunt Alex, who was unable to make the trip when he was first born. I am so glad he got to spend time with her and she is so great with him! We look forward to lots more visits in the future!

Alex, Mom and Dad all stayed at the hotel where my dad's conference was held but Kelly and Carter stayed with us and kept me company for the few days that they were here. We met up for meals and hanging around the house each day.

In need of some toddler-appropriate playtime one day, we decided to take C to a local "splash pad" in Winter Park. It was a great way to beat the heat and he seemed to have a fun time with all the big kids!

Nathan enjoyed himself, too. Haha!While it was a very quick visit, we still managed to get lots of cousin time with the boys. Carter still wasn't so sure what to make of this tiny, squirmy, noisy thing...But it was still fun to pose them together!



We had to pose the boys with Hattie and Poppy, too!

If I think too hard about the distance and the fact that we can't see each other every day, it makes me so sad but I am so thankful for the time we do get to spend with my family and the fact that they are only one state away. I know with the babies we'll plan even more get togethers and I count the days between each visit!

No comments: