Thursday, December 8, 2011

Seven Months

Nathan, you are seven months old today!

You are getting so big! We just met a new baby friend and it's hard to believe you were ever that tiny (even smaller in fact!). You just keep growing and changing so much!

Our past month has been very full. We hosted Jess for a long weekend and spent a week in Hilton Head celebrating your first Thanksgiving. We also continued seeing our friends for Breakfast Club and we joined Gymboree, where we met new friends. It's been keeping us very busy but it's nice to get out of the house and I know you just love being around other babies. You are so intrigued by them!



You caught your first cold this month, from which you're still suffering. It broke my heart the first night you got sick (I was home alone with you while Daddy was at his football game) and I have never heard more pathetic cries than when you were up all night in my arms. I hate that I can't help you more! You absolutely HATE when I have to wipe your face and I really wish I could blow your nose for you.


 

 Your first teeth came through early in the month! I knew they were on their way and it was pretty rough for a while with sleepless nights and lots of fussing, but they finally cut through a few days apart from one another and they're still coming in. I thought at first that I would never love your smile more than when it was all gummy but now that you grin with two little front teeth, I can't think of anything more adorable.


You started sitting really well on your own. While you still topple over every now and then, you're getting much stronger and prefer to sit over laying down now. You are excellent at playing with your toys and still bring everything to your mouth, which shows off your fine motor skills. Still no consistent rolling over but I know it's because you just don't want to. You are completely capable, as you've shown me.


We've stepped up the solids to three times a day and we still haven't found a fruit or veggie you don't like. You struggled a bit when you first got sick but your appetite is back and you devour each meal. You do, however, hate puffs and the faces you make when you try them are priceless! We'll keep practicing. You're 100% on formula now, too, which is helping you to bulk up a bit. I just want to squeeze your sweet little cheeks! You are taking two consistent naps a day, an hour and a half to two hours each, and you are more consistently sleeping through the night, which Mommy really appreciates! Our trick is to scatter suckies around your crib so when you wake in the middle of the night you can find one yourself. You are getting much better at finding them!


You've shown your parents' impatience and can get quite frustrated (and vocal about it) at times, which can be exhausting for Mommy. But you're sweet and will still share a smile with anyone that smiles at you. You're becoming more serious, just soaking up your surroundings wherever we go, and always so observant.


You continue to be such fun and such a challenge each day and I'm loving it! If only I could get you to stop growing up so fast!

I love you, monkey man!
oxoxo

Seven Month Stats:

Weight: 17 pounds, 3.5 ounces (almost two pounds gained since last month!)

Diapers: size 2 during the day, size 3 at night

Clothes: some 6 months (and even some 3-6 months depending on the brand) but mostly 9 months, especially pajamas

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Holy cow time flies!!!! What a sweet little guy!

Sjn said...

Once a month is not enough! I want to see him, hold him and play with him. Christmas can't come soon enough!!!