Thursday, February 9, 2012

Nine Months

Nathan, you are nine months old!

You continue to be such a happy boy and so goofy. I often hear you cracking yourself up! You talk up a storm and always share a smile or giggle with Jax, your best bud. It melts my heart when you put your head on my shoulder and give me a hug, whether it's from sheer exhaustion or just being sweet. You're practicing "kissing", too (open mouth and all). We always get comments on how attentive and alert you are. I'm loving all of this personality shining through!


You are mastering finger foods and would prefer to feed yourself than eat any of my purees. You love shredded chicken, cubed cheese, pasta and yogurt melts. We're still exploring this new world and I am sure you will continue to be an eating champ! You still get four bottles a day but we're going to start tapering the quantity down a bit as we build up to more solids. In the meantime, you reach for any cup, straw or mug you see, always wanting a sip of what we're drinking.


You love to swing, whether it's at home or at the park, and you light up when we are outside. We go on lots of walks and you are so chill in your stroller. You also love your blocks - to eat and throw. All of your other toys make pretty equal rotations. We try to read but you are more interested in tasting the books than looking at the pictures. You're a speed demon in your walker and we have to watch our ankles because you'll run right into us!


Separation anxiety has hit you hard and it breaks my heart that you get so upset if I'm not within view. It makes it really tough to leave you with your Lolly when Daddy and I have date night! Hopefully this is a quick phase and you'll be more comfortable without me so close soon (although I say it and I'm sure I'll be sad when you don't need me as much, too).



You've slowly started showing a breakthrough in crawling and can wiggle and twist backwards. No forward movement and no real getting on all fours but you'll do a mean push up or plank. You have excellent posture when you sit and you're getting much better at standing while holding onto things, too. Occasionally you may cruise a bit but not too much yet.

Most nights you sleep pretty well, going to bed between 7:30 and 8 and waking up between 7:15 and 8 in the morning. If you do wake in the middle of the night, you are usually able to get yourself back to sleep, which is so nice! Your naps have gotten a lot shorter in the last month, some lasting only 30-45 minutes, but you're still taking two a day and for that I am very thankful.


I feel like we've hit a groove and we are quite the pair spending our days together. I love watching you grow and am so thankful to be with you for every milestone and memory. I love you so much, Bubba! (another of the many nicknames you've acquired)

xoxo

Month Nine Stats:

Weight - 20 pounds (I could have sworn it was more from how heavy you are to carry!)

Diapers - size 3 during the day, size 4 at night

Clothes - some 9 months, some 12 months, some 6-12 months


1 comment:

Jess said...

i want to squish that guy! XO