Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sickies

While we were in Atlanta, or maybe even before we got there, some crazy, nasty bug found its way to me and Nathan and we both ended up being sick. It always seems that we pass germs between the two of us and this time was no exception.
Poor guy was so congested and snotty the whole time we were there. His fever spiked at 102.4 and was pretty high for two days or so. Through it all, though, he laughed and played, always the good sport. We took him to the doctor when we got home and it turned out he had a double ear infection and pink eye on top of his yucky cold. I felt so bad for him!

I ended up feeling like I got hit with the flu the Sunday we were up there and it progressed into the weirdest sickness I have ever had. My symptoms changed everyday and by Wednesday I was miserable. I finally got a doctor's appointment Thursday morning and found out I had an ear infection on top of a sinus infection. How does an adult even get those?!

I'm still battling, waiting for this ear to clear up and be able to hear out of it again. I thought N was on the mend until he woke up yesterday with H-I-V-E-S!!!

I used to get them all the time so I wasn't too alarmed but when he woke up today with them even worse and covering his whole body, I took him back to the doctor. We've stopped his antibiotics, thinking it's an allergic reaction to Augmentin, and he's on Benadryl round the clock until they clear up. I just hope he gets better quickly! I hate seeing my little guy out of sorts!

3 comments:

Grad Girl said...

I'm allergic to Augmentin, too! Hope you guys get better soon.

Kelly said...

Poor little man :/ at least he's a good sport about it! Hang in there and hopefully you will both be feeling better in no time!

Sjn said...

keep an eye on his ears since he didn't get to finish the meds. Poor little guy, and poor Momma too!