Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ten Months

Nathan, you are ten months old today!

I really can't believe how much you've grown this past month. You're so much closer to a little boy now than you are a baby! Not only do you seem so much older, you are getting so big! You're outgrowing all of your clothes and it's getting hard to cradle you because you're so long. I'll keep trying though!


You're a little rolly-polly now and easily go from belly to back and vice versa. You get such a kick out of it! You've made some progress with crawling, getting up on all fours now and even making some forward motion. But you still hate it and fuss the entire time you're on your tummy. You much prefer to walk instead and constantly reach for my hands to pull you up and guide you. If, by chance, I steer you clear of harm or in a different direction then where you want, you get very frustrated. You love standing at the ottoman in the family room or at your activity center and you even let go every once in a while. So daring!


You've been such a trooper this month, putting up with a really bad cold bug (the worst so far), pink eye and a double ear infection. My poor buddy! You smile through it all, though, and no one would ever know you weren't feeling well. On top of all that, you have four new teeth popping through on top which can't be fun. Aside from a few sleepless nights and a few struggles at naptime due to these discomforts, you sleep really well and most nights I don't have to get up at all. You take two naps, anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours long, depending on the day.


You still eat like a champion and amaze me at each meal by shoving fistfuls of food into your mouth. I have to pace you with once bite at a time. We've tried all sorts of things but you still love cheese and pasta most. You take four bottles a day, about 4-5 ounces each, but you've started pushing it away when you think you've had enough. I guess you're starting to wean yourself?



We started music class this month, which you seem to enjoy. You love to shake your noise makers (and they seem pretty tasty, too!) and even "dance" a little when you hear music. You're great at banging a drum, too. When we play at home, you still love your blocks, along with a Little People Noah's Ark from Lolly and  anything that lights up or "talks". You're a terror in your walker and zip around the house like it's your race car, clipping our heels and running over poor Jax. I can't take my eyes off you now because you love opening drawers and cabinets. When I catch you, you run off and giggle. It's a funny game but I probably shouldn't be encouraging it.


You are such a flirt and make eyes at all the ladies when we're out. You're going to be a heartbreaker! You stare in awe at other kids and love to watch them wherever we go. You babble all day long and have little conversations with yourself when we're in the car. "Ma-ma-ma", "ba-ba-ba", "da-da-da" and "ya-ya." It's pretty fun to listen in! I think you know you're a ham and you seem to understand how your cuteness can get you attention. Oh, trouble!


My heart overflows with love for you each day and it gives me such joy to watch you grow. I cannot believe you will be one in two short months. What happened to our deal about you not getting any older?! I love you my sweet boy and I'm so happy to have the privilege of being your mama.

xoxo


Ten Month Stats:

Weight - about 22 pounds

Diapers - size 4

Clothes - totally depends on brand but anywhere from 9 months (which I need to retire) to 18 months



2 comments:

Sjn said...

I need a snuggle fix with him! He is so cute and has such a sweet smile. Hattie misses you Nathan!!!

The Nealons said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE the second, smiling, navy chair picture!!! Such a cutie pie!!!