Thursday, October 30, 2008

Rehearsal recap

Okay, back to the wedding...

We had the rehearsal at the croquet lawn at Port Royal. The girls ran a little late, but I guess they couldn't have done it without us! It was all because I was trying to finish the slideshow of photos from me and Ryan growing up, which never ended up working out despite numerous, very helpful friends and family members trying to help. I will try to post it on here but it's huge! Anyway, we paired everyone up and practiced walking up and down the "aisle" a few times. Our minister from Orlando made the trip up for us and helped us through the whole ceremony flow. He even went as far as starting to say the vows but I stopped him because I didn't want to jinx anything!
me and Dad, practicing our walk to the croquet lawn almost about to say our vows! me and my beautiful bridesmaids

After perfecting our walks, we headed off to Aqua Grille & Lounge for the most delicious apps and dinner. They passed around fried green tomatoes, lobster rangoons, and crab cakes while the bridal party and all of our aunts and uncles arrived. Then we all sat down for a plated dinner and gave our thank-you gifts to our parents and bridal party.
I got my aqua and coral wish, with the invitations to the dinner and the matching placecards I made having an awesome aqua and red coral design. We also borrowed some coral-colored star fish from the "big house" to help in our decor. This is the last night I was Kristin Nathan!
me and my awesome sorority sisters, taking a photo break


my favorite gift was to our parents...a canvas print of a photo I took of the Harbor Town lighthouse, the ultimate symbol of Hilton Head, made to look more like a watercolor painting, to remind them of our destination wedding.

The bridesmaids all got porcelain ring dishes with their first initial hand-painted in the center. I actually received one with an engagment ring in the middle from my Aunt Elaine when I got engaged and I love it so I wanted my girls to have one, too. They also got green wraps (which came in very hand when the cold front came through the next day) and brown dangly earrings to wear at the wedding.

The boys all got Tervis Tumblers with their favorite school of choice for the patch. Of course, I couldn't have a gator tumbler on my blog so I am showing UGA. We also got the boys the green paisley ties they wore in the wedding.

No comments: