Friday, December 5, 2008

Oh, Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree

We got our tree on Wednesday night and set it up in the foyer (after having to move the couch that had taken residence there since I moved in last April). The guy at Home Depot where we got it told us to feed it Sprite or 7-Up so we mixed some Sprite Zero with a pitcher of water and are hoping that it likes it!
After letting the branches fall over night, we spent last night stringing the lights and putting up all of our ornaments. I definitely have a snowman theme going with what I have collected through the years, but I also have tried to accumulate some "keepsake" type of ornaments that remind me of the ones we loved so much growing up. My sisters and I actually used to play with some of them like they were dolls (a nutcracker and ballerina, in particular) so I wanted our kids to have that option, too. I'll take more pictures of my favorite ones, but here is how it turned out:
It has a great shape and almost touches the ceiling...oops!I realized taking this that the lights are a bit uneven...I'll have to fix that later.

I am so excited that Hairy Dog finally has a tree to be displayed on. Of course, Ryan has a glass ball Gator ornament but we don't need to show a photo of that.

1 comment:

lil misses' mama said...

i don't know which is worse a gtor ornament or an uga one...