Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving (part two)...a little delayed

Our trip to Atlanta for Thanskgiving was a great time with family and friends. We arrived just in time for dinner on Wednesday night after making the drive up. The rest of the weekend was filled with basically the same theme...food. I love Thanksgiving! We had the holiday dinner at my aunt's house and as usual the pups stole the show while we all played with them in the chilly backyard. It is always fun to see my niece and nephew Jack Russels, as crazy as they are.

Westin and Tessa, asleep on my lap after a long day of playing.
Ryan and I actually ventured to the outlets on Friday to see what deals there were to be had and to use up some wedding gift cards. I am very pleased with my purchases of green berry sprigs and Euro pillow shams. Man, I must be getting old if that kind of stuff excites me.


The little green berries remind me of the floral arrangements at the wedding.
We had dinner at close family friends that night and hung around catching up since the wedding. Saturday was filled with football watching and although my bulldogs did disappoint, I still love them. We wrapped things up with drinks on Saturday night with good friends and then woke up (fairly) early Sunday for the miserable drive back. It took almost 9 and a half hours to make it when it should really take 6 and a half, so you can imagine our delite. At least we made it home safely! Now it's on to the next holiday and getting the house ready for Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the green berries! they look great in that tall urn/vase.

Kelly said...

They sure look comfy!!

Kelly said...

I LOVE those snowmen! They are adorable!