Thursday, January 22, 2009

You want to take this outside?

We went to the Magic game tonight and were hoping for an exciting game since we (were) number 1 in the league. The excitement we got wasn't quite what I expected-an obnoxious Celtics fan wound up moving seats toward the end of the game right behind us and was mouthing off the entire time. When our team was on a rally to come back from behind, we stood up along with the rest of the arena to cheer them on. Well, this jerk couldn't seem to see so he muttered threats under his breath about cutting off our heads, etc. until hubby finally turned around and confronted him. So what if we were standing? We were trying to support our team! It was just one of those moments where you wish you had some clever comment to stop the other person in their tracks and completely shut them up. Thankfully, it was only a verbal confrontation (despite the guy's threats to take us outside and shoot us! Are you kidding me?!) but it got my blood boiling and I was angry for the rest of the game. Which we lost, by the way. I am beginning to wonder if I have been to a single game that we have won. I am thinking I may just need to watch from home from now on before I hurt the Magic's chances at the play-offs.

1 comment:

Sjn said...

how obnoxious! I think I would have reported him to security (they must have guards, right?) with the threats he made. Glad to hear you didn't "take it outside", whew.