Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bath Time, Play Dates and Valentines

We had the all clear from the vet to give Jax her first bath on Thursday night after waiting long enough for her incision to heal. I was so excited to get her clean and start fresh! When we first put her in the tub, she was shaking and scared and I don't think she ever really enjoyed it but she behaved so well and just clung to the side while we washed her. She even waited to shake it all out until we had her rinsed and almost done. And now, if it's possible, she is even softer and more cuddly!
I got home on Friday from a long week at work to find my husband already there with Jax to meet me in the front yard. I knew something was up, and when I walked in the house I was greeted by a gorgeous bouquet of red roses. He had even gone to Publix to buy breakfast and made the romantic gesture of cooking for me while I slept in on Saturday morning. What a great husband!
For the rest of Valentine's Day, we decided to go low key this year. I arranged for a little play date for Jax to meet one of our friends' pup, Bella. We met them over at their beautiful new townhouse in Baldwin Park and let the dogs meet. At first, our shy little girl was terrified of the much bigger Golden Retriever, but once we got them outside, she opened up and enjoyed running around in the open field across from their place. We brought them in for a water break and that's when Jax really went wild...she ran around and was play fighting with Bella, even growling and making more noise than we'd ever heard from her! It was hilarious to watch them and amazing that an hour passed with us all just watching the pups.
After running a few errands, we got home and Jax passed out. It made it very convenient to have her sleep while I made a romantic dinner, complete with filet and crab cakes, mashed potatoes and asparagus. To top it off, I had found a recipe for s'mores brownies that I just had to try and they were quite delicious! It was a quiet evening but perfect to spend time with my wonderful hubby.
Today has been pretty low key as well. I think Jax is still worn out from playing yesterday because she has been exhausted all day. We'll have to plan a play date every weekend to get her some great exercise!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

how funny that we had the exact same dinner!!