Thursday, June 4, 2009

Our little girl is growing up

Yesterday, by complete accident, was the first day since we adopted Jax that she spent the whole day at home by herself. I was in meetings all afternoon and got back to my desk to three missed calls from Ryan and an email explaining that he never made it home at lunch because he got tied up at work.
I was a little anxious to go home and see the condition she was in after spending almost 10 hours alone (thankfully we keep her crated during the day so there wasn't a lot she could have done). I got home, fully expecting a mess in her bed, but our little angel pup was just wagging her tail and excited to be let out to stretch. No accidents!
I'm still not completely ready to ditch going home at lunchtime to check on her (in fact, I am planning on going today) but it's good to know she can hold it if needed. She is definitely growing up!

No comments: