Sunday, June 14, 2009

First trip to the dog park

After numerous invites to the dog park, we finally felt ready to take Jax yesterday morning. We met up with her friend, Bella, at Fleet Peoples Park. It's not technically a "dog park", since people can rent it out for picnics, etc., but it is all fenced off and has a lake so it's very dog friendly. They even have a dog-washing station by the entrance so you can rinse off your pup before heading home!

I was a little reluctant to have Jax off leash since I wasn't sure whether or not she'd try to run away, and I was also a little nervous about how she'd do with new, stranger pups all around. But I was so pleasantly surprised at how well she did, and how much fun she had. The best part, though, was how much she loved swimming in the lake!

Here's a video of her splashing around, trying to eat the water and jumping like a little kangaroo.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Look at my little niece! She is So cute! I wish we had a park with water, I am sure Wes would love that!

Maybe next weekend we'll take you guys up to Windermere and wear them out!

Lindsay said...

Aw she is so cute and looks like she's having so much fun! I'm sad I missed that trip, we will have to go again soon!! I don't know about Jax but Bella has been tired all weekend since that trip! :)

Sjn said...

Jax needs another trip to the Lake house. We saw dogs today jumping off the little rock! A yellow lab and her sister dachsund, if you can believe it! Too funny! We need Wes and Jax to show them up.