Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fourth Festivities

Shame on me...for being the self-proclaimed photographer that I am, I have very few photos to share from the holiday weekend. I need to be much better at that!
I do have a few that document what we did, however. On Friday, we enjoyed the extra day off work and brought the pup over to Ryan's mom's pool for a swim. While she still didn't seem to enjoy the water as much as she does when she can actually touch the bottom, she was much more adventurous than last time and even floated with her dad on a raft for a bit.
On the 4th, which also happens to be my hubby's birthday, we were puppy-sitting for friends so it was a quiet morning tending to the pups and opening presents. Then, we hosted a laid back BBQ at our house later that evening. I made a huge spread of food (we still have leftovers!) and played games all night. We didn't even need to leave to watch a brilliant fireworks display right from the backyard.
Sunday was spent at the outlets, using the gift cards Ryan got for his birthday to buy some essentials he definitely appreciates. It was a lazy day and nice to relax before heading back to work.
While I really love all holidays and struggle to pick a favorite, I definitely rank the 4th as one of the tops and this year did not disappoint!

2 comments:

Sjn said...

Glad you two had fun! We celebrated Ryan's happy B'day with some cupcakes of our own while thinking of you.

The Nealons said...

Great festive center pieces, K! Can't wait to see you SOON!!! :)

•muah*

and Happy Birthday to Ryan, too!