Thursday, September 11, 2008

My shower

Finally, I have a chance to post about the lovely shower I had thrown in my honor this past weekend. I had such an amazing time and thought my mom and sisters did an awesome job putting it all together. They held it at my parents' country club in a private room and there were almost 40 ladies that came! It definitely made me feel loved.
We played a fun get-to-know-you game at the beginning, where we had to go around the room and find someone who had done different tasks relating to weddings. It was like filling out a bingo card, with fun items like who had eloped or honeymooned at Niagra Falls. It helped us learn something new about each other, for sure.
We had a very tasty lunch with pretty salads, which could have been a whole meal in themselves, and pecan-crusted chicken with rice. The tables looked great thanks to the beautiful centerpieces my mom created and a special little detail was the mini cupcakes for dessert. They were delicious!
I cannot thank everyone enough for coming and for all of the generous gifts for me and R. I can't wait to use everything in our "new" home as man and wife.
A very useful and preppy gift from my aunt...UGA and UF Tervis Tumblers! Perfect for our "divided house" during football season.
I promise to post more pictures soon. I just need to get a Picasa or Flickr account so I can start some kind of slideshow. I'm so behind the blog know-how.

No comments: