Thursday, March 19, 2009

The best towels!

We have company coming in three weeks and since we didn't get all of our guest towels from our registry, I decided to splurge and get a few of them myself in order to stock the linen closet. Much to my delight, Macy's is/was having a bed and bath sale so I got a great deal. Sadly, however, I think I got such a good deal because they are discontinuing the whole line.
When I registered, I did a test on three different wash clothes that were all the same color to be sure I picked the best ones. Between Pottery Barn, Hotel Collection "Microcotton" Luxury, and Haven by Hotel Collection, the Haven towels won. While the other Hotel Collection towels are super soft when dry, and the Pottery Barn ones were okay, neither had the perfect balance of softness and absorbency like the Haven ones did. Plus, they're organic! Now that I have them in my master bath and guest bath, I love them and was so happy when my package of new white towels arrived today.
If you are ready to go out and buy some for yourself, you better act quickly because they are all on Closeout sale at Macy's. And I'll warn you - the white ones (or "snow" as they call it) are not available online. It took calling a ton of stores in Florida to finally find one that had enough I could order. But they qualify for free shipping and are a great deal, so I highly recommend them!

No comments: