Thursday, March 12, 2009

Spring Fever

The weather this past week has been so lovely, making it especially hard to go back to the office on my days to come home at lunch to let the pup out. It's also making me want to get out in the yard and start planting to fill our bare mulch beds. With major clean-up this "winter" in the side yard leaving all but the bare sides of the house and a "cold-snap" leaving half of our backyard dead from frost damage, the yard is looking pretty pathetic.
I am determined to hit Home Depot and maybe even a couple of local nurseries or the Winter Park Farmer's Market this weekend to check out the plants. After scoping the neighborhood for what seems to work in this climate, I definitely want some white azalea bushes for the side yard along the house. Some color in the back would be nice, too.
I also want to make my first trip to Old Time Pottery for a sale they have starting on Sunday to get some nice planters for our front porch and back patio.
Now, I do not have a green thumb, so I am just hoping that any investment I make to get the yard in better shape will not be a waste. If you know of any tips and tricks, I'd love the advice!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Don't forget to actually water the new plants...it helps a lot ;)

Sjn said...

get the azaleas that bloom 2x a year for more lasting color