Sunday, March 8, 2009

Cost per wear

I am a big believer that it is worth spending a little extra on clothes that you are going to wear a lot because the cost-per-wear makes it totally worth it. I bought a dress a few years ago that was pretty pricey and I rationalized the purchase with the fact that I had a some important events that spring to attend, including an out-of-town wedding where I met a lot of Ryan's college friends for the first time (we had only been dating five months) and my sister's rehearsal dinner. I thought those events alone made it worth it since I wanted to dress to impress.
Well, almost three years later exactly, I am still wearing the dress for various events and it made another appearance at a wedding we attended last night. An old work buddy of Ryan's tied the knot at a beautiful historic home downtown in the garden courtyard. It was a lovely spring evening and a perfect chance to bring the dress out again. I reminisced the whole night about our own wedding, trying my best to hold onto the memories from that day that seems so long ago. Since it's wedding season and we have at least two more to attend, it will be nice to think back to our own special day. (And maybe I'll wear the dress again.)

(You may also notice a change in the photo above...it was time for a new Spring look, so I had a few inches of hair chopped off yesterday morning. I love it and it feels so much better! That's the last time I go four months without a haircut.)

No comments: