Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Blessings

Happy Easter! What a wonderful day, and perfect chance to reflect on the blessings in life. Christ is risen and offers eternal life, which in itself is the most amazing gift. On top of that, I have a wonderful family who granted us the gift of their company for Easter weekend. Add that to my wonderful husband and loving pup, every one's health and happiness, and I am quite blessed.

We had a great visit with the family over the last few days. To keep the words brief, here is a recap in photos (the ones I have, at least...Mom had the most on her camera).
Yummy grilled dinner with everyone on Friday night. The weather was gorgeous! (However, my ankles are pretty itchy from all the bug bites...how did they find me amidst all the citronella?!)
Scenic boat tour through Winter Park on Saturday. Even as a local, I was pretty impressed with the ride!
This is Mr. Rogers' house (or at least he lived there for a few years while a student at Rollins College). Yes, the Mr. Rogers. Nice.

Enjoying some new varietals at the Wine Room. I tried port and ice wine for the first time...waaaay too sweet for me.

Our delicious Easter "linner" (lunch and dinner) after getting home from church this morning.

Our family portrait, out in the backyard.

And, after all the company was gone and the house was tidy, there was nothing left to do but nap. What a great weekend!

2 comments:

Sjn said...

We had a wonderful visit! You and Ryan were the perfect hostess and host! Thank you for a lovely Easter and a totally fun weekend! love, Mom and Dad

the monkeys' mama said...

awwwww. this post made me smile. I lingered on the last photo for a long time because it is sooo sweet!