Friday, April 24, 2009

Leaping Lizards!

A recent development in the yard is a swarm of "June bugs" appearing at dusk each night. I have never seen such a thing before, but R swears it's normal. What seems like thousands of little buzzing, flying beetles come out and swarm around the grass right when it's getting dark. I think it's gross and a little bit creepy.
Well, Jax absolutely loves it and has become quite the bug hunter for these little beetles. In fact, she chases them around the yard, leaping through the air to catch them, so much that we have likened it to the Planet Earth video of the flat belly lizards eating flies by the river. If you haven't watched the Planet Earth series, I highly recommend it. And, since I can't take a video of the real thing outside when it's so dark out, here is a visual for you:

2 comments:

Sjn said...

I would really like to see that video of Jax. Too funny!

Kelly said...

I miss my little niece! I bet she is hilarious!