Sunday, August 16, 2009

Before & After

You may remember all the home improvements we had done over the past year. We got a new roof and windows earlier this spring and with the new windows came repainted shutters. The finishing touches got installed last weekend...a new front door, painted to match the shutters, and porch light.
While I was pretty impressed with the handyman we hired to install it, there were a few things left unfinished so I spent the last two days applying stucco patch, touching up paint, and painting the new trim. I am so pleased with the result! The fanlight in the door lets so much light in the foyer now, and I love the clean look of the black accents against our "khaki" house.
Here are some before and after shots (notice the new windows, too)...

4 comments:

Kelly said...

The black looks so much better!! Great job! =)

Sjn said...

It looks great inside and out. I like all the matching black outside, and I love the white inside. Quite the improvement!

Stefanie said...

Wow! What a difference! I think it looks really great!

The Nealons said...

It looks really awesome! Great job!