Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Crafting for Etsy

I am so excited to show off my latest creation...hand-made, "earth-friendly" gift wrap for my Peaches & Palm trees shop on Etsy!
Currently, any order from my shop comes wrapped in tissue with a Peaches & Palm trees label. I plan on continuing that for regular orders, but anyone that wants an extra special touch can now add gift wrap to their order.
For my birthday this year, I received a sewing machine that I regrettably have not put to much use (yet - I definitely plan to, Mom, I promise!). But, feeling an urge to be creative, I turned it on tonight, opened the manual and put together a little project based on something I received at work.
The end result?
A cute, reusable (hence the "earth-friendly") gift bag to house a special onesie (when the order comes in). I bought pink polka dot fabric for girls and blue polka dots for boys and will be offering it as an add-on service for each purchase.
Now that I feel a little more confident on the sewing machine, I can't wait for all the projects I can do! Next step...trying out the embroidery function. I'm excited!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

That's a great idea!

Sjn said...

Very cute! I love the polka dots too!

the monkeys' mama said...

so cute, Kris! I love it and your sewing skills are very handy! cuteness!!!!

The Nealons said...

looks great! Did you get my message today?? (voicemail)