Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Designer's Challenge (...or My Mom, the Amazing Designer)

My mom came down from Atlanta for the weekend to spend a few days visiting and helping me transform my house. Ever since I moved in, I have felt that my stuff just got mushed in with Ryan's and nothing was cohesive. Well, that has all changed!
My amazing mom helped me pick a paint color to cover a huge space, worked with me all weekend shopping for fabric and supplies, painting, reupholstering 10 chairs (!), hanging new wall art, and overall decorating the space that runs from my front door all the way through to my dining room.
I could never have done all the work (or made any of the decisions) without her, so BIG thank you to my mom for all her help and hard work! And now, drumroll, please...the big reveal!
The foyer before:
Choosing a paint color - we had 5 different taupe/beige/mocha/latte colors that were all very close but also very different.The painting in progress...And, the finished product!Maybe my favorite project. We found a twin sheet set for super cheap and cut the graphic print into panels to stretch across 6 canvases. We changed the pattern up a bit and made two of each to keep things interesting.Another great find - placemats that now double as wall hangings.The bar stools, before...and an army of recovered stools after.The dining chair fabric before...And the beautiful fabric after.

4 comments:

Alexis Voltaire said...

All looks good!

Sjn said...

So much work, but so gratifying too! It was all worth it to see the final result.
The shopping was fun and rewarding, between our bargain finds and great fabrics, we did good girl!
Hope your dinner party tonight is tons o'fun and relaxing after a week of hard work!
Love you!

Stefanie said...

Wow! You and your mom are awesome K! It looks really great, and I can't wait to see it in a few weeks. :)

Does Ryan like it?

The Nealons said...

Looks amazing!!! Great job! Can't wait to see you soon!