Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ladies' Cooking Night

Last week kicked off the first monthly Ladies' Cooking Night. The girls all decided that we were sick of the same old recipes and wanted to start trying something new. So, each month we'll get together to try a few new things and cook for each other. Plus, who needs a reason to get together to eat and drink?!
I helped cook at my friend, Lauren's, house and we had a "Farewell to Summer" theme with a southern-inspired feast. She made a beautiful cheese and fruit tray for apps, a colorful salad, and oven baked chicken. I added green beans, cheddar drop biscuits (a little burned on the bottom)and made a peach and plum crisp for dessert.
The meal was delicious (I was lucky enough to have leftovers for lunch the next day) and the company and conversation was fantastic! I am lucky to have such a great group of friends building in Orlando - all the wives and girlfriends of Ryan's circle get along so well and we all love to hang out.
Next month (wait, this month now! how did September get here already??) is at my house and my friend Katie is helping. We haven't revealed our theme just yet but I am really looking forward to it! Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Alexis Voltaire said...

Sounds like fun! I think dinner parties are a trend in Orlando, I always have them with my friends too. :) Those biscuits also look like the ones Red Lobster serves; intended?

Kelly said...

So much fun!