Sunday, December 13, 2009

Catching Up: Trip to Atlanta

I missed a whole week+ in blogland and figured I should catch up and recap what we did on our second trip up to Atlanta in two weeks. My mom had had surgery during the week to remove a nasty cancerous "nodule" from her lung so while Ryan made the trek up to watch his team play in the SEC Championship, I tagged along to be with my mom and (hopefully) help her recupe.
While home, we all got to attend a cookie party at a dear family friend's house. It was a great idea and so yummy! Everyone brought cookies to share and there was a contest for best tasting and best looking. While I didn't bring any, I was sure to participate in the judging.
I also got to take advantage of being in Atlanta to see some good friends. The first long-time pal just had her second (!) baby girl so I got to drop in to deliver a handmade gift and see the new little one, not even a week old. She is beautiful, just like her big sis, and I was so thankful to have the time to catch up with her mom.
Then, on Sunday, it just so happened that another dear friend was having a baby shower, so I got to hang out with her a little before the party and then see some other great pals at the shower itself. I also delivered another handmade gift. I had been busy painting in preparation for the trip!

It was a short, short trip but as always so good to see family and friends. I can't wait to be back up in a week or so for Christmas!

1 comment:

Sjn said...

sweet pea looks adorable in her sweet pea onesie!