Friday, December 11, 2009

Tidings of comfort and joy


I absolutely LOVE the version of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" sung by Sarah McLachlan and the Barenaked Ladies. Perhaps an odd combo for a holiday tune, but their voices harmonize so beautifully and make the words of the song all that more powerful. I was rocking to it my whole drive into work this morning, on repeat, and actually got a little choked up belting out the words at the top of my lungs, thinking of how special this time of year is and what the true reason for the season is. I have so much to be thankful for, and God's love is number one. It is truly a message of comfort and joy to hear "that Christ our savior was born on Christmas day to save us all from Satan's power when we were gone astray."

1 comment:

Sjn said...

when I get my breath back in full, we'll all have to belt out a few carols, maybe with the help of the karaoke machine?!
We are a blessed family to have each other!