Monday, June 7, 2010

Feeling hippie (and not in a peace, love and happiness kind of way)

So...I haven't really worked out much since the wedding. Which was, um, 20 months ago. Really?! I just counted. Has it been that long already?
Anyway, I had been on such a misson to lose weight and tone that after the fact, I needed a break. A really long break apparently. And then I guess I just got used to the routine of not working out so much that I have become a major slacker.
And that has left me feeling like this:Not so much super as super-hippie. Have you seen the movie? There is a great scene where "Mrs. Incredible" stops to see her body in the mirror and stares at her "shapely" hip area while breathing out a huge, disappointed sigh as if to say "who is this girl?" My sentiments exactly.
So, today I am back on track. I am counting calories thanks to a handy app on my iPhone and I'm working out again - or at least trying. Today was running (seriously, who is this girl? ha!) and tennis will follow a few more times this week. My goal is not really to lose all that much (although a bit would be nice) but really to tone and try to avoid any impending thunder thighs. We'll see how long it lasts!

2 comments:

Sjn said...

you go girl! and just in time for swimsuit season. Maybe you'll inspire me too... I need to workout and get my muscles stronger and lose those muffin tops that have come to stay. :-)

the monkeys' mama said...

YAY for running! I am sure you will look incredible (because you already look great!) in no time flat. Keep up the motivation!