Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day at the lake

One of my birthday wishes was to spend Memorial Day weekend at my parents' lakehouse at Lake Oconee. I always love spending time with the fam and thought it would be a great kick start to summer.While the weather didn't cooperate for all of the long weekend, we soaked up lots of family time and any sunshine we could get! We went out on the boat, played Trivial Pursuit, grilled out and did some serious relaxing.And, of course, we loved on my nephew, Carter, the whole time. It's so fun to see Ryan interact with him and how he handles a baby with silly faces and voices. He's going to be such a great dad someday, but in the meantime it's fun practicing as an uncle.Even Jax made the trip up (she LOVES the car and is so good the entire way up and back...all 7 hours each way!). We took her out on the boat the last day to test her sea legs and I think she did a pretty great job!She even managed to jump into the lake and swim for a bit (even if it was by accident - we're not sure, but I swear it was on her own, no pushing...although I was tempted. haha).Another great weekend with the family and such fun to extend my birthday a whole other week! We definitely don't take advantage of the lakehouse as often as I'd like, but we always talk about heading up with friends so hopefully it won't be too long before we stop talking and start driving again.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Can you please send me those two pics of baby C? xoxoxo