Thursday, June 17, 2010

What shopping luck!

I went shopping on a mission to find a dress for my cousin's upcoming wedding. Which, of course, meant that I had zero expectations to actually find anything. Isn't that how it always works when you actually shop for something specific?
Imagine my surprise and complete joy, then, when I found THE dress out of the first batch I tried on! Of course, it was from Bloomingdales so it was no bargain but I haven't splurged on a dress for an event in a while and I figured I would get some use out of it.The crazy lady that checked me out called the color "tangerine" but I am pretty sure it's closer to a berry pink. In fact, it's called "red berry", so there crazy lady.
I also tried a first and ordered shoes from Zappos.com after a failed attempt at shopping in person. Again, success!

Then, a gold necklace from TJ Maxx put the final icing on the cake. (Photos to come)
I am so excited for the week of family vacation and the wedding celebration but what makes it even better is how this whole ensemble came together. I will post pics of the actual event so you can see how I pulled it all off...I will do my best to pose with a bit less 'tude than the model above. Ha!

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Awesome! I bet it will look perfect on you. Have fun!