Monday, December 13, 2010

17 weeks

We had a very comforting, if non-eventful, doctor appointment last Tuesday where we heard Baby M's heartbeat and got to ask a lot of questions that had gathered since the last visit. But despite steadily gaining a little extra padding around the mid-section, I still rarely really feel pregnant.
I still feel very lucky that I am in such good health and that I can continue to do the normal activity I am used to. I am sure I will start to feel more run-down and more pregnant soon (as my doctor kept on telling me...it's coming) but for now I am counting my blessings!
How far along: 17 weeks

Size of baby: an onion, about 5.1 inches and 5.9 oz. (a big jump from 3.5 oz. last week!)

Total weight gain/loss: +5 lbs. (I think that most recent pound was all in the chest area. Wowza! Based on what I had gained as of the last appointment, the doc told me 20-25 lbs. overall would be good. I hope I can stick to that!)

Maternity clothes: I wore maternity work pants for the first time today. I def. need to go out and buy a couple more pairs. They are so much more comfortable!

Gender: still anxiously awaiting! We have an appointment set for our next ultrasound and thank goodness Christmas is in between or I would just die over the excitement!

Movement: still not totally sure. I am hoping by next week there will be some definite activity.

Sleep: a little more tossing and turning going on lately, but still overall sleeping well.

What I miss: I've really been wanting a Caesar salad lately. I am sure I could have it, but because of the raw egg factor in the dressing, I am trying to steer clear.

Cravings: See above. Also, I tend to crave milk at night, which goes nicely with the Christmas cookies I got at work today. Yum!

Symptoms: ugh...acne. I've been used to a little more since getting off birth control, but lately it's been making me feel like a teenager back in high school!

Best moment this week: getting to hear Baby M's little heart pound it out on the Doppler at our appointment. What a sweet, sweet sound that is! And to quote the doctor the strength was "not just good - perfect!" Praise the Lord!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Yay Baby M! Can't wait to see that little belly soon =)

Sjn said...

is that fast little heartbeat a girl??? anxiously awaiting the pink or blue announcement!