Wednesday, December 22, 2010

18 weeks

It's been a busy week for us, preparing for the holidays and hosting a dinner party with friends. In all the hustle and bustle, it's easy to forget that I'm even pregnant!
It's also such an interesting time to be pregnant and to reflect on the true reason for the season - how Mary was carrying Jesus and what she must have been going through in the days leading up to his birth.
I told Ryan on our car trip up to Atlanta (while he gave me a hard time about needing to stop for the third time) that I am sure Mary had to take tons of breaks on the trek to Bethlehem. I am also convinced the poor woman was probably dehydrated, knowing how much water we are supposed to drink. It's amazing the gift God gave us in His son for Christmas, but to me it's also amazing what Mary went through to bring him to this world.
How far along: 18 weeks

Size of baby: a sweet potato, about 5.6 inches and 6.7 oz.

Total weight gain/loss: +7 lbs.

Maternity clothes: wearing some pre-pregnancy pants with a band and some maternity. For tops, I am getting too big for my normal shirts but still too small for maternity, so I am in the dreaded in-between stage and have a hard time dressing each day.

Gender: we find out next week!! (hopefully, if Baby M cooperates)

Movement: I'm feeling flutters here and there and trying really hard to distinguish baby from other bodily movements.

Sleep: I think my instinct of staying off my back has kicked in and I toss and turn to get comfortable on either side. I've also noticed my hands fall asleep in the middle of the night. What am I doing with them?!

What I miss: with Christmas celebrations abounding, I am back to missing wine. (Although, I did try a couple sips from Ryan's glass at our party...shh! Don't tell!)

Cravings: nothing too strong this week. I still prefer salt over sweet (crazy!) and wouldn't mind some Chepe's Mexican for lunch while we're up in Atlanta.

Symptoms: a bit of back pain but otherwise feeling really good and so thankful that nothing major is bothering me (yet).

Best moment this week: possibly feeling Baby M swimming around a few times and hosting a fun dinner party to celebrate Christmas with good friends. I'm proud to say the two preggo ladies were the last ones there!

3 comments:

Sjn said...

are you training this baby already? You're always in red and black, or black and red ;-)

Sara said...

you look beautiful! I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season

Lindsay said...

Yes we were the last two there! Go us! :) You look so great!!