Tuesday, December 28, 2010

19 weeks

This has been an amazing week and so wonderful to spend Christmas with our families. Despite the long car trips between Orlando, Atlanta, Mobile and back to Orlando, I'm feeling great and really thankful for my good health.
While some symptoms are less desirable than others, they all pale in anticipation of our upcoming doctor visit and I am praying for a strong heartbeat, lots of movement, and a cooperative Baby M that shows us whether we're having a boy or girl. I can't wait to see the little wiggle worm on screen again!
How far along: 19 weeks

Size of baby: a mango, about 6 inches and 8.5 oz.

Total weight gain/loss: +8 lbs (phew! I thought I did a lot more damage with all the Christmas goodies)

Maternity clothes: who knew Lilly made maternity?! I got a couple of adorable polos from my mom for Christmas, and I'm slowly transitioning into full-time maternity clothes as I outgrow things.

Gender: t-minus two days until we find out!!

Movement: I still think I'm feeling Baby M, but still second guessing it each time. I love, love, love the look on Ryan's face when I tell him I think I can feel something, and how sweetly in awe he is about it.

Sleep: it's getting tougher to feel fully rested, with lots of tossing and turning. I am excited to try out my new Snoogle pillow that my sister gave me for Christmas in hopes that it helps!

What I miss: I got my wine fix (a small glass for Christmas dinner) so I'm really doing ok.

Cravings: all I could think of one of the days at my parents' house was chips and salsa! I've also been wanting salads, which probably means I am not getting enough veggies. Sorry Baby M! I'll try harder.

Symptoms: round ligament pains continue (ouch! it is so alarming when they strike and I worry something is wrong) and my "bionic" nose has been working overdrive soaking up the scents of the season (both good and bad).

Best moment this week: what moments this week weren't the best?! I loved spending Christmas with my family in Atlanta, with our traditional meals and experiencing nephew Carter's first Christmas - a white one, at that! I enjoyed the one-on-one time shopping for baby furniture with my mom, all the games we played, and seeing old friends before the holiday. And we got to see one of Ryan's cousins I'd never met (with her 4 little ones under 7!) when we went to Mobile, along with lots of other family members. Overall, it was an amazing week and I am so blessed to have such great family and friends!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Wish you could have stayed longer. Can't wait till Thursday!!! xoxoxo