Tuesday, July 19, 2011

First Bottle

I'm honestly torn about breastfeeding. I love the connection and bonding experience it gives me with Nathan and I know it's what is best for him in terms of nurishment. It's free and always available.
But there are times that I would like a little more freedom and the occasional ability to have more than just a couple hours to myself between feedings.
Knowing we were going to leave Nathan with Ryan's mom for a few hours so we could attend our friends' wedding, I started pumping so we could do a trial run with the bottle. I was a nervous wreck and nagged Ryan about how he should do it and how important the method was so that Nathan would be okay with it.
I don't know what I was worried about...
Does this look like a boy who has any trouble taking a bottle?

"Mom, what's the big deal?"

I'd say he was pretty satisfied!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Way to go N!! He's a natural :)