Friday, July 8, 2011

Two Months

Nathan, you are two months old today!

The past few weeks have brought a lot of change and you've grown so much! Not only physically, outgrowing your tiny newborn clothes, but developmentally, reaching all sorts of milestones.

The biggest and best one by far is that you are now "socially" smiling and each time your tiny mouth breaks into a grin it melts my heart. You are happiest just after eating and first thing in the morning, which has been an adjustment for your mom, who is not a morning person. You talk up a storm and I love having a conversation with you of "aahs" and "oohs".

The month brought a lot of travel for us. First, to Jekyll Island for a weekend wedding. Then, to Vero Beach to celebrate your dad's first Father's Day with Aunt Barb, Uncle Phil, GiGi and Grandaddy. Finally, we spent 10 days together in Atlanta helping to nurse your Hattie back to health after an unexpected surgery to remove another cancer mass. You were a trooper on each car trip and did a great job, sleeping most of the way.
You are becoming more and more alert, and I can't help but wonder what those inquisitive eyes are taking in. You make the most adorable faces as you are studying the world around you!
We are becoming more settled into a routine, trying to get out of the house at least once a day in between feedings and naps. You still eat about every 3 hours, but sometimes it stretches a lot longer and we're hoping those longer periods start happening over night!
We've met new friends with babies your age through another new mom that I work with. We've gotten together for breakfast twice now and I hope it turns into great friendships for us both.

You have started to like playing more but still get a little overwhelmed if too much is going on. While you're interested in your activity mat, you prefer to stare out the window or just look at your mom and dad. After too long, though, you make it clear that you need a nap and as much as you fight it, I try my best to get you to sleep. I can see naps may become more and more challenging as you get older. I think you just want so badly to keep soaking it all in!
It amazes me how much you've changed already in the past month and I can't imagine how much you'll continue to grow by next month. It's exciting to watch! My heart continues to grow each day that I spend with you and I feel so blessed to be your mama.

I love you so much, Little Monkey!
xoxo





Two Month Stats:
Weight - approx. 11 pounds (we'll know for sure at your checkup on Monday)
Diapers - size 1
Clothes - 0-3 months, but already some things are too short for your long body!

2 comments:

Brooke and Mike said...

NBF, your blog is so cute, I love it! I can't believe Nathan is 2 months old already!!! He's adorable and so alert! Glad y'all are doing well!

Sjn said...

I loved having you here for the 10 days. Can't wait for you to be back at the end of the month!