Friday, November 4, 2011

Holiday Crafting

While they were in town, Kelly had the brilliant idea to make the boys matching onesies for Thanksgiving so after a trip to the fabric store, we set to work in our holiday sweat shop (aka, my kitchen and dining room).

Thanksgiving expanded to Halloween and Christmas and before you knew it, we had a trio of onesies ready to be sewn. So adorable!

Thankfully, my mom is an expert at the sewing machine and after mastering the applique herself, she let us take a turn. I am very grateful to have her as a tutor as my sewing skills are a bit lacking and can be quite sloppy to say the least. Maybe not anymore though!


The boys, modeling our first creations

Such a cute idea!

Watch out, this may be my next new business venture! Well, at least I can make N some unique, handmade outfits in the meantime!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love how everything turned out! Now I just have to finish that Ho, Ho, Ho shirt!

Sjn said...

Bring it over here Kel!
Let's make more, they are too cute!