Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Picking Out the (Not-so-Perfect) Tree

Admittedly, I do not love the tree we picked out this year. It's a little off and not the best shape. But it's our tree and it's Nathan's first tree, so we're making the best of it and it's growing on us.

Since we live in a different part of town, we passed on Home Depot this year and decided to pick a tree from a new location. We saw a tent at a church near our house and decided to support them. It was late and probably not the best time to go since it was nearing N's bed time but we made an outing of it and I think the kiddo enjoyed the experience.


Of course, being me, I had to see at least five trees unwrapped and shaken out. We have a lot of heavy ornaments so the goal was to find one with sturdy branches and just the right height.


If anything, finding a tree and setting it up marks the start of the Christmas season for me so I am very excited to have it in the house. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas as we unwrap ornaments and unpack decorations from years past. I can't wait to share in the season as our little family!


1 comment:

Kelly said...

Enjoy the decorations this year because next year you might only be able to do lights! So far C has thrown every decoration I tried to pull out. And don't even get me started on our tree. That thing's lucky we didn't burn it in the backyard!!! hahaha Next year I might stick to a 4ft artificial tree and just light lots of pine tree candles ;)