Friday, May 11, 2012

Celebrating the Birthday Boy

Even though I know he won't remember it, I wanted Nathan's first birthday to be a special day so in the midst of all the planning for his big party, I focused on a few things for the actual day, too. Ryan and I greeted him that morning with a bunch of balloons, singing "Happy Birthday" as we walked in the room. After a birthday bottle, we walked him out to see his present from us - a pirate ship water table. That should prove to be a lot of fun this summer!


We brainstormed an entertaining dinner venue and settled on Kobe Steakhouse - good food and a fun show to keep our monkey mesmerized for the meal. Ryan's mom, brother and sister all joined us to celebrate. Nathan had so much fun! A little unsure at first, he quickly warmed up to the chef and loved looking from table to table at all the action. Of course, he devoured his dinner, as I knew he would!



When we got back to the house it was already pretty late but we had to do cupcakes and give the birthday boy his first taste of sugar! I had baked them earlier that day but stuck them in the fridge so the icing was pretty hard and stayed in one solid block as he tried to eat it. That didn't phase him. One taste and he was in heaven! Before I could even take it away he had wolfed down the entire thing!


What a year it's been and what a fun day we had to remember it all. I love this little guy so much. 
Happy birthday Nathan!

No comments: