Monday, May 7, 2012

First Birthday Eve

"On the night you were born,
the moon smiled with such wonder
that the stars peeked in to see you
and the night wind whispered,
'Life will never be the same.'

Because there had never been anyone like you...
ever in the world.

So enchanted with you were the wind and the rain
that they whispered the sound of your wonderful name.

It sailed through the farmland
high on the breeze...
Over the ocean...
And through the trees...

Until everyone heard it
and everyone knew
of the one and only ever you.

Not once had there been such eyes,
such a nose,
such silly, wiggly, wonderful toes.

Heaven blew every trumpet
and played every horn
on the wonderful, marvelous
night you were born."
~Nancy Tillman


Happy, happy birthday to my monkey, my buddy, my sweet baby boy. I can't believe a year has passed in a flash and how you've gone from being a sleepy, tiny newborn to a silly, busy toddler. We have been through so much in this first year - a lot of laughter, a lot of tears, a lot of challenges and a lot of memories. I never knew my heart could grow to be full of this much love and I am thankful each day that God blesses me with you as my son. I was fearful I wouldn't know what to do when you arrived but I think we've both taught each other a lot over these 12 months and being your mom has come so naturally to me. Each day watching you grow is a treasure and I look forward to celebrating many more birthdays with you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, so sweet! Happy birthday Nathan!

Sjn said...

I'm remembering the call... the next morning jumping in the car to come and meet sweet little Nathan. I'm so glad we've been together every month since he was born, let's keep it up okay! Can't wait to see you all in a few days, xoxoxo

Sjn said...

ps... I love this post Kris! xo

Kelly said...

I still can't read that book without tearing up. We can't wait to celebrate with you soon! We love you Nathan, Happy Happy Birthday!!