Wednesday, November 19, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things

I have now been married for one month (yesterday) and thought it was about time to recap some of my most favorite little things about the wedding. I honestly loved every part of it, and all of the "big" stuff worked out perfectly and will stand out in my memory forever (or at least I hope) but some of the little things really stand out.When we first got to Hilton Head, my mom surprised us with baskets of customized koozies for all the cold beverages we would enjoy throughout the week. They were the perfect copy of our logo!I had seen letters through my wedding planning and loved the initial statement on the front doors that the wedding was for K and R.I thought my flowers turned out beautifully but what I loved most were the little green berries in the boutonnieres and bouquets for that little pop of green.We had a small wine theme that started at the very beginning of planning. While most of the ideas went away as the paisley theme evolved, we still used wine bottles for the table numbers and I loved how they turned out.Adding to the little bit of wine theme, I found cork votive cups (at West Marine of all places) that were scattered around the whole reception and I made a real corkboard to post the table assignments for the dinner.Our guest book was very special - a collection of photos from Hilton Head that we took, so we could flip back through and remember the island with special messages from our guests. (I actually have yet to see the notes from everyone...the book is still at my parents house so I need to get it at Thanksgiving!)

As silly as I look in this photo, I truly enjoyed when the groomsmen circled around me and started singing "You've lost that loving feeling." Not only did we all get into it, the whole reception circled around us and Ryan popped in to finish singing the song. It was totally impromptu but so much fun!And, finally, our getaway car...lots of special people helped to make the "Just married" sign and beautiful tissue paper flowers that hung off the back of my dad's convertible. There were also corks on some of the flowers and Bud Light cans tied to the back for sound effect. The best part was when we were driving to the Westin under the "tunnel of love" and the cans echoed their clanking announcement of our marriage. I didn't expect it and it was the perfect finishing touch.

No comments: