Thursday, May 21, 2009

Big Day!

Yesterday was an amazing day for me. Not only was it my birthday, which was a lot of fun and more than I expected, it happens to be my parents' anniversary as well! They have celebrated 31 years of wedded bliss together and continue to show me how wonderful their marriage is through the love they share with each other and with me and my sisters. What fantastic role models to have throughout my life. I only hope that Ryan and I can follow their example and enjoy such a successful, loving marriage!
To top the day off, which was already pretty spectacular, we went to watch our Orlando Magic play the first round of the NBA Eastern Conference finals against Lebron and the Cavs. It was electric to watch the game in a packed sports bar and cheer along with all the other fans. I was a little nervous toward the end but the Magic pulled through and beat Cleveland in the last second (literally). What a great way to end the night!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Glad you guys had fun! Sorry I never got a hold of you!! xoxooxox

Grad Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grad Girl said...

Happy Birthday!! and Yay for the Magic winning!

the monkeys' mama said...

That is so cool that you got to go! Happy belated anniversary to your mom and dad!

Sjn said...

you will always be our best anniversary gift, born exactly 3 years after our wedding day! (makes it easy to keep tract of your age too!) Glad you had a wonderful b'day,
love you!