Monday, May 11, 2009

Graduation and the Lake

We traveled to Lake Oconee on Friday afternoon to spend a wonderful weekend with my family for my sister's graduation and Mother's Day. And, since a picture is worth a thousand words, here is a recap of the trip in photos...
We headed out early on Friday with Jax in the back seat, lounging in her green bed. She did pretty well for the first half of the trip but got pretty restless towards the end and I ended up jumping into the back seat to keep her company for the last bit.
Once we arrived, she made herself at home right away and loved the new assortment of toys available from her cousins.
My sister's graduation from Georgia College & State University on Saturday morning was held on the lawn of their north campus and it was a lovely day to be outside for the ceremony. We're so proud of her for making it this far and can't wait to see what she does next!
We got back to the house in the early afternoon and relaxed outside on the deck. Jax loves hanging out with her aunts and uncle, especially when one of them insists on trying to get her drunk. (Don't worry, she only got a few drops...I hope!)
Then, after some serious puppy playtime in the "dog park", it was time to veg with a huge bowl of water.
Of all the pups there for the weekend (there were 7 total!), I think Jax got along best with Link. He is a new dachshund puppy that my aunt and uncle adopted not too long ago, and such a sweet little fella! Jax really wanted to play with all of the pups, but Link was the only one willing to participate...although, cousin Westin tried to play referee the entire time and barked anytime it got too rough.
After a yummy Mother's Day brunch and some more relaxtion, it was already time to go home. But not before a family photo opp. Bailey, the chihuahua in my lap, was my "first" dog but has lived with my parents ever since I adopted her. She basically looks like Jax's mini-me, with the same coloring and big pointy ears, too!
And a weekend with the family wouldn't be complete without a group shot...so here are the "moms" with their babies for Mother's Day. What a crew!

It was a great weekend and, although most of the focus was on the pups, I am so glad I finally got to spend a Mother's Day with my own mom for the first time in a long time. She means the world to me and I am lucky to have a mom like her!

2 comments:

the monkeys' mama said...

congrats to Alex! All this puppy love makes me think one thing: this family needs some grandkids! ha :)

Sjn said...

aww... thanks sweetie, you mean the world to be too, my favorite oldest daughter!