Monday, January 4, 2010

Brrrr!

We had to turn the heat on - we just couldn't stand it any longer. It's been so chilly here! There must be a cold front settling in, because the forecast for the next week still shows highs in the 40s-50s (very low for us) and lows in the 30s!I even took drastic measures, broke down, and covered some of our plants so they wouldn't freeze. I've already replaced those crotins once - I don't want to have to replant again next season! Hopefully, as ridiculous as it looks, the sheets will help and we'll get to keep these shrubs through the winter. (no, no, I am not keeping the sheets on that long - just until the freeze goes away, probably in a week)

2 comments:

Sjn said...

30's to 50's sound balmy to me!

Kelly said...

Today on my way to work it was a toasty 7 degrees with the wind chill. That's right...single digits! And I only have one coat the zippers now!!!!!