Sunday, January 17, 2010

Gifts for my nephew, part 1

I have been axiously waiting to get up to Atlanta to share some gifts with my sister for her baby shower. Now that the shower has happened, I can finally post some pics!
I have really been trying to test out my sewing skills, so I wanted a project that I could give as a gift rather than just buying off a registry. I found some adorable flannel fabric in the remnant bin at Joanne's and decided to make a baby blanket. After finding some matching blue satin and embroidering my nephew's name on the flannel, I whipped it all together and made (what I'd like to think) is a super cozy, personalized blankie.
Stay tuned for part 2...I am really excited to share!

4 comments:

Sjn said...

Carter's going to love it!

Anonymous said...

Aww, cute! Love it...great job!

Lindsay said...

That is so cute! I hope you had a great trip!

Kelly said...

Can't wait to snuggle Carter in that blankie! It's so soft!