Thursday, July 1, 2010

Nathans in Newport - Part Two

Continuing our first day in Newport...
We went for lunch at a gorgeous inn overlooking the water, Castle Hill. It was a clear, perfect day and we all enjoyed a yummy lunch (my first of many lobster meals) watching the boats come in and out of the sound.After lunch, we couldn't resist the photo opp, taking advantage of all the adirondack chairs scattered about the lawn.Later that evening, the entire family (from both the bride- and groom-to-be sides) met in the harbor and boarded the Adirondack II for a sunset cruise. I L-O-V-E the water and to be on a boat hearkens back to childhood memories, so it's such a comforting, nostalgic feeling for me.This is my new all-time favorite photo of my dad...he is a stubborn subject when it comes to smiling in pictures so to capture such a genuine burst of laughter from him warms my heart. Clearly, my love of the water is in part thanks to his passion for boating.Uncle Ryan got some quality time with Carter...Before sharing him with me.My cousin Jess and I grew up together and she is one of my closest friends, so it was great to spend the week with her and catch up in person.
Phew! That was only day one of our trip. I better speed this recap up...before I know it, I'll be needing to post about the next trip (countdown in two days!).

2 comments:

the monkeys' mama said...

loving the new layout of the blog and loving how sport Carter is! What a cutie! you look fab, too! your resolution a while back sure looks like it's paying off!

ps been meaning to write you a meaningful email but i think i'm giving up on emails--phone is faster! i'll call after the busy weekend!

Stefanie said...

What breathtaking photos. It definitely has a charm to it!

You and Ryan both look great!